1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure but I might have come out today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Steele, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today in class I was working on a lab with two guys. We started talking about different places we'd like to travel to and I mentioned that I'd like to visit Brazil. You all know what's coming, when I said that, one of the guys said "yeah, you can check out all the Brazilian girls!"

I laughed a little. I wasn't sure what to say, but in the end I just said "yeah, maybe" in an indifferent tone. After that the guy just laughed and said "Brazilian guys" in the same manner a guy talking about women he found attractive would speak. Again, I laughed a little and that was it.

I was thinking about saying something like "well I'm gay, so..." but I didn't. My heart was pounding and i was shaking for the rest of the class, but once I got out and started to calm down I realized that I felt like I had a huge, monumental weight lifted off my shoulders. It's not the best way to come out and I'm still not really sure what happened, but if nothing else I feel awesome right now. :slight_smile:

2. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometime accidents can be the best way to come out. Hope it continues to go well for you.

3. AlexTheBlogger

Honestly, I don't think they noticed they are gay. But I wasn't there, so I can't just make conclusions.
    Anyway, I hope that everything goes well with you when you come out :slight_smile:

(Also, I live in Brazil and girls here aren't that hot like everyone says. They are just... Girls o.o)

4. CheesyGoose

I don't think they noticed anything. Are they close friends? I don't think that you should worry too much. I hope that if they suspected anything, they'll be decent enough not to spread rumors around. If you want to clear things up, then by all means, but just be sure that they'd be okay with it.

5. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, the idea that Brazilians are always half naked and attractive is a sexist, racist stereotype, and I'm not trying to say that that's how it is, I'm just saying what happened in my situation. But regardless, I apologize if that aspect of my post offended anyone.

Anyways, thanks for the responses and encouragement you guys. :slight_smile:

6. SilentCreatures

It seems like a comment in jest. Perhaps it was a dig for more information, but it sounds rather innocent.

I like how you said your heart started thumping. I love that feeling. Excitement and dread at the same time.

All the best Steele.