1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Disconnect of Essays

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SeaMist, Oct 17, 2013.

1. SeaMist

Out Status:
    Some people
    I ended up coming out to my English teacher through an essay. We submitted it online, and I didn't feel the weird pull until afterwards. I'm not very out at school- a couple of close friends know and a few less- close acquaintances have found out, but that's still way less than half of the friends I talk to regularly. It took two weeks to get the essays back, and the comments my teacher wrote on the front of my essay were stellar, though they included the whole 'I'm always here to talk if you need it' idea, which, while well-intentioned, was slightly annoying; that seems to be what adults tell me every time i talk about sexuality or gender expression. But I'm happy, and it's a nice place to be.

2. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done :slight_smile: Don't be mad with your teacher, you came out to her which could suggest that you want to talk about it and one day you might come across a problem and take her up on the offer. I know what you mean though. Anyway, congrats on coming out to another person :slight_smile:

3. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gongrats!
    Your teacher meant well, and you should take up the offer, if need be.