1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Trent13, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I have only just came out to my best friend and the teacher I'm close to, and i have really wanted to tell my family but i can't do it i know my mum will be ok but my dad (my mum and dad are divorced) i think he will go nuts, if/when i tell my dad his girlfriend will understand i know she will she has helped me with my bulling problems, but its hard i just cant say it to their faces. it annoys me that i can't do it, i want to tell them but i can't.:confused:

I have only just told my best friend Dallas, I told her and she was fine, it was like i had not told her she was fine with it. But when i was having a fight over MSN to this immature teenager well i wouldn't even call him a teenager more so child, and some where along the fight i must have said something about me being BI. So here he is blowing his head off about it and saying that I'm so gay im a f*:***:*ing this and a f*:***:*ing this. So my friend that i had told about myself being gay had got online and talked to him in the most mature way that she could and i think thats what is keeping him quiet. But she saved her conzo that she had with him and i did the same so then i could sent them to Ms Skidmore aka Skidz she is a very helpful teacher and she is helping me how to go about it, but getting back when that teacher replied the next day she sat me down alone and we had a very mature talk about it.

So i really don't know how to come out to my immediate family.(&&&)

Could you help me?

2. Trumpetplyer23

First thing, there's no rush to come out to your family, do it when it feels right. That's what I did.

My suggestion (when you're ready), come out to your mom, if she's fine with it, then that will help build your confidence. Which parent do you live with?

As for the guy on MSN, screw him, sorry for crudeness, if he can't handle bi/homosexuality, then you don't need to talk to him. He's no one and that shouldn't hinder your coming out to your mom, or dad.

Good Luck

and

Welcome to EC

3. I totally agree. I'm out to six friends and a teacher, maybe more (not so good with the counting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I am in no hurry to tell my parents. When you feel ready, just tell them. Like trumpetplyr said, if you feel more confident about your mom, tell your mom first. And also, lots of people on here have found it helpful to write a note rather than saying the words out loud.

Hope this helps, and welcome! ~megan~

4. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i live with my mum
    i would like to tell me mum but when some thing happens at home or something she tells everyone in her office. So when i go to family Care (where my mum works) they will know so i don't really want to do that..

Thanks for the replies

5. Trumpetplyer23

Just ask her not to say anything to her co-workers. Most of the time (especially with homo/bisexuality in the family) parents don't say anything to people outside of the family, because of fear of rejection, etc.

6. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah thats possable

7. Trumpetplyer23

That's mostly why my extended family doesn't know, neither my mom or my dad wanted them to know.

But when you come out to her, I'd definatly say "mom, please don't tell anyone else, I'm trusting you." and leave it at that.

8. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kay thanks