1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The friend that knows me and loves me just the same

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ChloeAllison, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ChloeAllison

So just wanted to share the story of my coming out here just because so many other stories I have read on here have inspired me. I wish I had found EC before I came out for the first time to my best friend. She is still the only one who knows but before her I fully believed if anyone found out...well basically the world would end. BUT it didn't which is the message I hope reaches someone else.

My best friend, Miri, and I live together and since she cooked I was doing dishes well she sat at the table having after dinner tea. We were talking about how she felt that she couldn't be herself around her boss because she felt judged and that she needed to fit into a perfect standard ect. She was relating to me the response that her mom gave her and about having to accept yourself outside of standards..which she said related to her mom because her mom came out as gay when Miri was 14. I stopped washing dishes and just looked at her for a minute. Then we started to have this amazing conversation about acceptance and being gay and somehow the conversation lead to her showing me "Same love" by Macklemore and halfway through the song I was tearing up so I went back to washing dishes. After a little bit we just sat in silence (something not that weird for us) and I just started thinking about what I was doing hiding myself from someone who would never ever hurt me and who I knew would love me anyway. I came to the conclusion that I really just didn't love that part of myself enough to let anyone know...it was like I was homophobic towards only myself.

So I started crying while washing dishes and just said "Miri...I'm gay...well sort of..." Then she just came over and hugged me. She really didn't say anything because she didn't have to. From then on we could talk about anything...lord knows I really don't know what I would do without her. She led me here and here is leading me to a place were eventually I might have another coming out story to share.

Sorry it was long :slight_smile: Love you all :slight_smile:

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :icon_bigg Heartwarming ...

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such a nice story. Thanks for sharing it. :slight_smile:

4. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's very sweet. You guys have something really special, don't ever lose it!