1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how my parents took it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SkyTears, Jun 7, 2008.

1. SkyTears

I've never really told a coming out story on here so I think I'll post the one when I came out to my parents a few months ago.

Anyways, there was one day when I was going to spend a late night at one of my friends house after work and had already told my parents about it so everything was set for me just to leave right after work to go see her. Anyways when I got off of work I got some random urge to just tell them out of nowhere. (Of course I was still freaked out about telling them). I figured if they don't like me being gay they don't know where my friends house is at and I still have my car and a job (I told myself these things just to help calm me down). So I pull out my phone right after work and called them. You could hear my voice shaking on the other end (haha). Anywho, my dad picked up and I ask for my mom (because I felt she would be easier to just blurt it out to without having to think. So I did just that and asked if we could just not talk about it until I got home. Well, when I was at my friends house everyone was just looking at me because I guess just had this blank face on. I called my parents back later to ask if I could stay a bit longer and my mom said, of course and I love you. Which made me feel a little better that she wasn't totally freaking out. I got home around 11:30 and by now my parents are normally in deep sleep and when I walked through the door they were both there just acting normal. Then they reassured me it's okay, they love me, blah, blah, blah. And I was like yay (!). My mom even told me that my dad thought I got in a car crash because my voice was all freaked out and when my mom told him the truth he was just like. Oh good, glad he didn't crash. That put a big smile on my face to think he was worried about my safety but when he knew it was he was just like, oh whatever. But since that day they have only talked to me about it one other time (both of them). They just asked if I got teased at school (both, each withing like 4 days of each other, weird). But, yeah that's my story. A little longer than I thought but oh well. I'm so lucky to live where I do because for the most part nobody here cares if you're gay.

Sorry if that was hard to follow because I'm really bad at making my sentences run smoothly

2. Tim

Tim

Haha, that sounds awesome! :slight_smile:

Your dad actually sounds cool, wondering about your safety rather then freakin out because his son is gay =P

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, I'm glad your parents were so cool about it

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great to hear it went so well for you! Your parents seem like pretty cool people.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad that it went well. That's great!