1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shocking

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mystic Me, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Mystic Me

Mystic Me Guest

so my mom throughout the day thought i was acting all weird. So she pressured the truth out of me. so today after she wnet and picked up my sis from work they cane into my room and truned off the tv. BTW i have not eaten all day so that just added to the mystery. So they start talking to me about like what was going on. My sister than takes out a sheet of ripped paper and told me that it was a boot camp 4 boys and if i dont tell what was oing on they would send me there. My mom by this point was sobbing. So was i. i didn;t want 2 go 2 boot camp. Anyways i sayed that i wanted to tlk 2 my sister alone. My mom got more worried and started 2 sob louder. She left and then it was just my sister, me and my dog in my room. She started asking me like if i was on drugs or had sex or had gotten a girl pregnant. I say no. Them slowly i opened my mouth and i said "I" and then more guessing came. Well finally after like and hour later i tolded her i was bi. She turned out more open-minded than i thought. She told me everything was going to be ok and that they would look 4 some help. So then she goes to mom and she tells her. I can hear my mom like hardcore crying. She kept sayin "what have i done wrong? what have i done wrong?" so then they come back in my room. OH! also b4 in the car when i told u that she was presurring me to tell her what was going on she say that she would accept me and now look what she was saying. So we started talking. Thay ask how did i know i was bi. They ask if i like any guys i say i used to. I lied any girls i used to. So them my mom and i were crying. To make this short they sayed that they would look for help in church and like i should dont worry and that everything is going to be fine and im the end she did accept me. Both of them did. =]

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I hope by looking for help at church she doesn't mean "reparative therapy". Maybe you should print the PFLAG materials out for her and give them to her.

3. Louise

Sounds like your mum is taking this really hard. Take Becky's advice and get your mum some resouces so that she can understand what you are going through and what you need from her. It seems like she is trying, but maybe not in the best way to be of any real help to you.

Try being open and honest with your mum so that she doesn't have to force information out of you. If she was forcing you it is because she must have noticed changes in your behaviour and was worried about the source of these changes. If you hide things from your mum she is going to worry.

If your mum starts making silly suggestions like reparative therapy hold firm and explain to your mum that you are who you are and you can't pretend to be something you are not just to please her. Remember we are here for you and we will help you through this with your mum.(*hug*)

4. Chris89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Reparative therapy would most likely be a horrible experience for you. I guess I cannot fully condemn it because I have never experienced it, but we are who we are. Religious rules created by people who wanted to control a mass of people hundreds of years ago don't apply to modern times anymore. They didn't apply so well back then either did they?
    Basically, don't let someone talk you into reparative therapy. Help from church basically means that the people who "help" you will be ultimately trying to cure you because they believe that any form of homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord.
    Your personal beliefs aside...do you want to go through that?
    It is ulitmately your choice, but I would strongly advise having your guard up pretty firmly when dealing with the church in regards to homosexuality.
    Best wishes, keep us updated with what happens if at all possible, there are so many people that can help counsel you on here! I'm new and I'm figuring that out already....

5. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Saying they were going to look for help in church probably means they are going to try to find the cure for you...that's what my family said. I would strongly advise not going to therapy or faith counseling unless you feel depressed or that your faith is in jeopardy. Then, if you do, don't go to an unsupportive type of therapy/counseling. I think going to counseling to pray the gay away would be like admitting you have a problem and believing there is a cure, when you don't and there's not. :icon_wink

I hope everything works out for you :icon_bigg

6. paint

It's important to be true to YOU. When you choose what you want, in order to be happy, then it can't be wrong.....

7. Mystic Me

Mystic Me Guest

We had a long talk about everything and she is ok with it now!
    Yay.