1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VENT: Coming out response sparked an argument

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AuroraBorealis, Nov 10, 2013.

1. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yesterday, I told my co-worker that I'm a lesbian, I wasn't nervous about it, because I don't care what he thinks, because he pisses me off on a daily basis, because he acts like he knows everything. His response..was no different.."Pfft. It's not a big deal, everyone accepts you, it's like you're seen as cool. You're probably popular at school." I'm sorry, no that's not true, because most people at school think I'm freak and are rude to me half the time...so I said

"Well, not really..you don't really know how people are going to react."

"Pfft, I've been around the block on this.."

"But if you've never been in my shoes, you don't understand how I feel."

"I sure as hell do, I'm 52 years old, I've been a long time and have seen these issues, been more embarrassed in far worse ways than you have, so don't even act like I don't understand."

"Have you ever been a lesbian in a conservative family? Have most of your family constantly bash gay people? Even after you come out."

"No, but I've been around as long as these issues have."

"Well if you've never been in my shoes you don't understand."

"You don't understand me either."

"Never claimed to."

I'm sorry..this was a complete rant, I don't even know why I'm posting this, but he just irritated me. :dry:

2. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Can't say I have much advice her, my dear. There are so many people out there that are like that, young and old. It drives me insane!

Personally, I usually just stick to work while on the job 'cause A): It's none of their business about my personal life. B): They usually tell me what they think is best or tell me what I should do, and like you said, they haven't been in the same situation. C): Being the more mature person isn't always easy, especially when you're the younger one, but some people are not going to change.

Best of luck, with the co-workers and family!

3. Bright Eyes

That stinks. He sounds really rude. Try not to let the sucky people ruin your mood :slight_smile:

4. lovely lesbian

He sounds really rude and horrible x