1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by smalltowngirl, Nov 10, 2013.

1. smalltowngirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    SO this weekend In my drunken stupity I came out to one of my best friends who I thought was homophobic. I was really scared to come out to here and really nervous about it. She use to always make little jokes about gay people and little stabs so I thought she was against it. The other night I was drunk and called her she knew something was up for awhile, and I told her I would tell her eventually. Over the phone she asked me what was wrong and finally I told her. She took it better than expected. She said well you are still my best friend and you being gay doesn't change anything. If I could do or think a certain way about you before I knew then why can't I now. It was amazing to hear this from her I thought that our friendship was going to be lost, and to know that it has just grown stronger is a great feeling. It was amazing the support I got from her and I am so glad that she has accepted me no matter what.

2. GirlWhoWaited

That's awesome! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

3. CupcakeKisses

Yay! Congrats! :slight_smile: So glad she was supportive! :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Friends can surprise us from time to time, can't they? I'm happy for you that your coming out went so well, and that nothing changed between the two of you. :slight_smile:

5. lovely lesbian