1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

partially out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by southernboy87, Nov 11, 2013.

1. southernboy87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so, so close to doing this. Its gonna hurt and hurt like hell but something I have to do and something they deserve. Ive told my mom and my brother so far and both have been supportive. still, that's not the hard part. the hard part will be telling my wonderful who I love so much and changing both our lives forever. I love this woman but she deserves better. not sure when but feel it coming soon.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey southernboy87, welcome to EC!

You've demonstrated that you had the guts to tell your family, the next step is the next step, you know that you can do it!

You are absolutely right, you both deserve better...best of luck and keep us posted!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! Glad you have decided to join.

Congratulations on your coming out journey thus far. It sounds like that you are ready to take the next step. Being open about your own sexual orientation, and even though it is going to be difficult at first, will help the both of you in the short and long term.

You can create opportunities to speak with her whenever you feel ready. Sometimes, the right moments also present themselves.

Let us know how it all turns out. (*hug*)

4. southernboy87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im not trying to push anything on anyone but my story is posted in a book by Doug Dittmer and Bonnie Kaye , its called Over the Cliff, about gay married men. Just thought I might suggest it to anyone else struggling like myself. Most everyone in it has the same type of struggles and story. I plan on giving this to my wife along with many letters Ive written to her over the years. I will tell her in person but this will be for her own help in understanding.