1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Dare You!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Freak4Life, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Freak4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I came out when I was 14 (very young I know), and I came out at school first of all, because I figured it would be easier to come out to a few close friends first. I told 3 people; Kirby (best friend), Helina (2nd best), and Robert (3rd). I thought I could trust them, but no. Robert told anyone and everyone, and the whole school knew within a matter of days. Miss Parkin, my ex-head of year, got wind of this, and called me into her office. She asked me questions like I was some sort of laboratory experiment subject, and then she asked me the dreaded question: 'Do you think it would help if your mum knew?'. That was the hardest question I have ever had to asnwer in my life. Panicing, and not knowing what to do, i said yes out of sheer fear.

That afternoon, she called my mum into school. Miss summoned me to her office again. I walked into the room, and my mum was sat in a chair next to her desk. I was shocked and surprised to see her there, because I knew what was coming. I hesitantly sat down next to my mum. I was forced into telling my mum that I was gay, even though I knew she knew that I was not ready to come out, from the way I hesitantly agreed to tell her. I was only 14 for god sake. It was awkward night that night.

My mum told my grandparents that same day, because I just could not bare to tell them, even though I am closer to them than to my mum. In a way, I suppose that makes it harder to come out, if your very close to a person.

After that I hated my head of year and I even wished her dead sometimes. But, in a way, she helped me, because if she hadn't have done that, then I think I would still be in the closet today....

2. step49x

So, it sounds like you've had some 'fun' with coming out...

I'm not sure if I'd call what your head of year did "helpful," because of you not being ready and all. What's done is done, though. You can't change the past.

So, what are your current friends like? Are they supportive, or do they just not talk about it?

3. Freak4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well my friends are good about it thankfully, and the most part of them are very gay friendly, especially Kirby, as she is bisexual. However, I did lose a lot of friends through comin out. My friends dont really talk about it that much, but i can talk to Kirby about anything, she's great, I LOVE YOU MAN!!

As you have probably gathered by now, I dont talk to Robert anymore, and to be quite frank, I couldn't care less if he dropped dead tomoro. You just dont need people like that in your life....

4. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good for you! :grin: People like him aren't worth it. But I do admit that I'm worried about losing my guy friends when i come out. But you can cross you fingers, right?

5. summersforecast

Wow I know it sounds weird but I wish that would happen to me cause I hate living in the closet, its like I can't even be myself. Still that must have been really hard on you to come out all at once like that.

6. riddlerno1

Yeah it sounds like you were propelled into coming out regardless of whether you were ready or not. But i sorta agree with trying2behappy that sometimes in can be beneficial. Im sorta applying it to my situation where i have moments where i hope the whole thing will just be blown open and then i have to deal with the consequences. At least then i dont have to worry about being something im not.

7. starfish

I'm glad you are not bitter about the experience.

How I read it, it sounds like the head of your year was trying to help. She just did not do it in a very good way.

I think you are right it is harder to come out to someone the closer you are to them. I think it is because you have more to lose so you fear their rejection more.