1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milestone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rainbow Girl, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Rainbow Girl

So today I came out to one of my friends who lives on my street today and it went really well, I was far less nervous than usual and she took it really well. But I noticed when I said it, it sounded kinda weird. Then later on I realized it was the first time I'd ever said "I'm gay" out loud. I thought I was bi for a long time so I'd said that, I'd written it down, said that I like girls, but I'd never actually said "I'm gay" out loud.

Once I realized that I felt kinda awkward. I mean I'm happy but it's kinda weird to think about so because it sort of makes me nervous. Is that normal?

Anyways this is a cool milestone.

2. Gallatin

Yeah, a lot of people feel a bit awkward afterwards. Usually goes away shortly thereafter.

But, congrats! Glad things went well. :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done! Glad your coming out went well and that you could say 'I'm gay' out loud. :slight_smile:

Yep, it's totally normal. As Alex mentioned, the awkward feeling will subside.

4. Yun2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations Rainbow Girl. :slight_smile:

I know how it is to admit that out loud. My coming out was recent, so the memory is very clear to me.