1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Coming Out Story (so far)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by musicrebel, Nov 30, 2013.

1. musicrebel

Here is my coming out story:

It was August 4th, 2010--I had just turned 14 the day previous of that. I had a sleepover with some friends and one of the friends there was this girl (let's call her E) whom, earlier in that summer, I realized I had grown a crush on her. I came to terms that I was bisexual (I still had myself open for boys). On that morning, everyone else was leaving and I was left in the room with just her. The day before, she asked me if I had liked someone, and I wanted to tell her so bad since it was just her in the room. But, I remembered that I still had to come out to her as being bisexual. So I handed her my journal, which I had written about how I thought I was bisexual, and she read it. After reading it, she just smiled at me, this really nice, accepting smile that I can still picture in my mind. Then she asked me who it was and then I couldn't tell her. So she was the first person I came out to.
    In October of that year, I was at my friend's house (let's call her H) and several of my friends and I were having a little party there. I was talking to my best friend (let's call her A) about crushes, and I felt like it was the right time to tell her I was bisexual. So I told her, and she was like "I already knew!" and I was like "How?!" and she said that I hinted at it several times, which I didn't know I did! Then I told her that I liked E and she said that wasn't a surprise either. I guess that it was noticeable how I stared at E all the time and even blushed when she came up to me. Later on in the night, I came out to my friend H and she told me that she was feeling the same too, which I guess was nice.
    I gradually began telling everyone--well, the people that I trusted. My mom thought it was a phase and that I'd grow out of it. I was kinda scared to tell people because I didn't know what they would think and I didn't want to be judged.
    In the summer of 2011, I acknowledged myself as being a lesbian. I didn't feel any attraction towards guys anymore. I tried several relationships with guys earlier in the year and I didn't feel anything towards them, well except for one because he was really feminine and was bisexual. Anyhow, so in June of that summer, I got a girlfriend (let's call her B) and she was the best thing that ever happened to me. She was my first love. She helped me realize who I was at the time. I came out to my close friends as a lesbian. It was weird-feeling, but I ignored it.
    In February of 2012, I came out to my mom as a lesbian and she was really accepting of it. My dad got a clue that I wasn't straight, but he was in denial about it. By that time, most of my friends knew I was a lesbian and were totally accepting of it. But I didn't feel right as coming out as a lesbian.
    Before I begin, I've also had problems with my gender growing up along with my sexuality, but I ignored my gender-issues and just focused on my sexuality before getting back to how I felt about my gender. I've been questioning my gender since I was 12 and like I said, I kept it under storage because I thought I had no choice of what my gender was. So this year, I began coming out as genderqueer because I didn't feel like a girl anymore, but I wasn't transgender--however, if I had the choice to be born a male, I would. I only came out to my sister and close friends recently about my gender. So far, my close friends accept it, but my sister is having a difficult time with it, which sucks. Now my sexuality is queer since I don't identify being a lesbian.

I keep coming out haha, but this is my coming out story (so far!).