1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I took a risk and came out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kingofvegas, Dec 2, 2013.

1. kingofvegas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    AND THE RISK PAID OFF.

So far I only officially came out to one person (my best friend), but after being closeted for as long as I have (about three or four years) one is better than none!

But anyway, my story: I text her telling her I had a question for her, asking her if she was my friend, and for the next hour or so she's texting me "what" "tell me!" "the suspense is killing me!" etc. Which I find pretty comical, when I think about it now. So anyway, I go to the gym after class and I text her "I'm gay"

I walk inside and immediately hop on the treadmill, and I just start running, prepared to not even check my texts. By the time I do check my texts, like 30 minutes later and at this point I'm lifting weights, I open my phone to change the song thats playing and what do you know, she replied.

Pretty much, she had a feeling that I was gay and that she still loves me and she's still my friend and when I saw that I instantly start grinning like a madman (I got a few stares, but I REALLY didn't care!).

Seriously I'm still smiling just thinking about it because being out to someone feels ALL SORTS OF AMAZING and if I had known it would feel this good to tell someone I would've done it WAY sooner than I did!

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good to hear. It's a great feeling having the support of someone close to you! Congratulations on taking a big step! :thumbsup:

3. Heun

I'm glad to hear it paid off and that you're enjoying it; it really is great!

4. Twinkletoes81xx

Congrats! I'm glad it went well for you <3 :slight_smile:

5. catboy

Oh my God! Congrats! I think woman have super good gay-dar. When I came out to my sister and best friend they both were like: what else is new? Congrats again! :grin:

6. kingofvegas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aw, thanks guys! <3

You know it's funny, I wasn't even going to come out at all today? Or this year, for that matter, but Tom Daley's coming out pretty much inspired me to come out.

7. StillHere

Great job :slight_smile:. When I came out to my sister she asked me if I was gay! So I know how it can be funny that you think your being so secretive when in reality everyone is on to you!

8. biggayguy

:thumbsup:Congrats! Doesn't it make you feel free to be out?(*hug*)

9. kingofvegas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

LOL! Funny story actually. When school started back up in January this one girl who I didn't even know literally walked up to me and asked if I was gay. And that was on the second day of school haha.