1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom finally knows- Sort of

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by WilbersRevenge, Jun 17, 2008.

1. WilbersRevenge

Well, I was going over to a friends house (girl) for a sleep over as we do usually. Everytime I go over, she has the "sex talk" with me- you know, don't do it, but if you do, be safe.

So, I am about to leave and she says we need to talk. I said, I know, don't do anything, but if I do, I should be safe. She said yes, but I want to talk to you about an email I found (It wasa printed out IM from September where I was talking to guy who is out about how confused I am and how I don't know what to do to make anything more concrete in my head- he suggested to experiment [I know, not a good idea]) She said that she loves me no matter what, and she will support me 100% no matter where life takes me. But she was concerned about the advise given to me, and wanted me to know I can talk to her about anything. She also said she wouldn't tell anyone until I wanted her to.

So, yea. She is about eight months behind on the whole sure/unsure thing, but that is ok, because she doesn't need to know that I am sure just yet. One step at a time is plenty fast for me. The kicker was that she thought I left it there intentonally (I didn't, but was planning on doing something similar soon enough).
    I'M OUT!-kinda.

2. agraves

That's awesome that she's cool with it. I wish my parents would just happen to come across something of mine giving them a clue but I'm too private. I keep a password on my computer and hide anything that might cause them to suspect. They are kinda nosy though so maybe one day I will "accidently" leave my computer unlocked and leave this forum up...maybe they will get it. I guess I would rather actually tell them myself. That's just going to take a lot more time. *sigh* I just don't know what to do.

3. Louise

Hey you have a great mum there! She is really trying her best to give you all the support and love you need. Don't forget to give her an extra hug next time you see her, mums like that are not thick on the ground... unfortunately

4. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's probably not the way you wanted to come out but that was an excellent reaction from your mum, and it's great that she's willing to support you and give you advice if you need it. I think she'll still be amazing about it when you tell her you're absolutely sure

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Davo said it is probably not the way you wanted your mom to find out. Your mom's positive reaction and offering you all the support and love that she can provide is truly great.

#5 Mirko, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  6. ausdtc

Your mum sounds like she'd be supportive of you when you do decide to tell her. From what you said she wasn't worried about you potentially being gay, just about your safety.

Your mum rocks, congrats on being OUT!-kinda to her :grin:

7. Sam

Sam

It sounds like your mom just wants the best for you. I'm glad she is ok with whatever you decide you are (though you already have) lol. I think she will be fine with it whenever you tell her that you have already figured it out!