1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

actually afraid now i think of it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by -Michael-, Jun 17, 2008.

1. -Michael-

Just having a little thought...
    When i come out, ill act differntly wont i?
    I mean obviously im not going to be saying things like "he's fit"
    But when i do come out will i say things lik that? will people find it awkward even if they have 'accepted' me?:confused:

2. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

holy crap i never thought of that and its true, how would u act after u came out? thats kinda scary to think that u would be a different person but itsa good thing because u wouldnt have to act fake anymore which would still be weird

3. -Michael-

but i who i am...Im funny, quirky, witty.

Afterwards wont i be that cocky little gay twat?

Im not acting fake, im as camp as i would be.
    The only thing i refrain from is ooing at calvin klein adverts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. NathanHaleFan

I really wouldn't worry about how you would act after you come out. I think you'll probably find that it'll be such a relief to finally be true to yourself, and that you'll gain a certain strength that only comes with being true to yourself like that.

Besides, if straight guys can talk about which girls are hot and what not, why can't you for boys? If you want to, of course.

5. -Michael-

Hmmm....very right.
    I guess i see whatll happen soon enough.
    Im going to do that challange i set myself hopefully :slight_smile:
    I doubt ill be parading my gayness in my house though...4 striaght men
    one psycho woman and then me...

should be a fun experience haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I hope i dont change that much...
    Im actually looking forward for a variety of insults when im out...
    Like see if theres any new ones out....haha
    different topic....THANKS

6. ausdtc

It all depends really.

If you're deliberately suppressing parts of your personality because you're not out, then I guess you'll probably feel more free to be yourself once you're out, and act accordingly. And this is a good thing!

However, in my case (and I assume many other people's cases) what people see *is* me already. With the people I'm out to, nothing has really changed at all except that they know a little more about me, I act (that's a bad word.. I *behave*) the same as I did before I came out to them.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people change a lot when they come out, some people stay basically the same. The thing to remember is to think about why you're acting the way you end up acting. If you're acting a certain way because you feel like acting that way, great. If you're acting a certain way because you feel you must or someone has told you you have to (e.g. you have to like America's Next Top Model if you're gay), then that's not so good.

Just use coming out as an opportunity to be a little bit more aware of why you do the things you do. I don't mean obsess over things, just more like a lot of people act thoughtlessly and maybe if they paid more attention to the signals they were getting from various sources (society, media, friends, acquaintances), they'd be a little bit more genuine in their behaviour.

8. Paralyzer

Reading this thread made me happy because I realized why I told people in the first place. I'm pretty straight acting, people don't suspect me to be gay but after I came out to a few of my friends, I've noticed that not holding back my thoughts has made me extremely happy (gay.. haha) and I have to say, somewhat giddy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It just feels so good to be myself without the burden of the closet.

I haven't really changed much.. the only thing that people have noticed is I'm more cheerful and I'm more comfortable around strangers because I know that now I might actually have a chance with them.. haha XD even if it's a very small chance... it still feels great.

I remember I said that I never felt "elation" after coming out.. and though I still haven't felt that in a coming out momment, I feel euphoria being myself :grin: so that's good enough. But maybe it's different for everyone, I'm just glad to FINALLY BE ME! *rainbows*-haha

9. -Michael-

I was thinking.
    I hold back 'campnss'.
    But do i hold it back because i dont want people telling me im gay.
    Or because i dont want to fit a stereotype....
    And plus When i do come out people will put my wierdness to being gay...
    I worked hard for my wierd status...its a good job im mostly pessimistic...
    oooh maybe im pessismistic becuase im not out :O

*I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT*...... *-*

10. Grof142007

i really didnt chance all at once but now im more free to reply without holding back a gay comment.

11. -Michael-

haha I worry too much...