1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TylerrDudee, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TylerrDudee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I let my Dad know that I was Bi. He doesn't really think you can be bi he thinks its the one you think about most but whatev. So my family is religious or whatever and I said I didn't think you'd care and he brought up he doesn't know if it's right or wrong but I feel a little better but I don't think I'll tell my mom, my sister used to be bi, and she told my mom and she flipped so... that's what she'll do...:confused:

2. LowestVocal017

Yay! Congrats on your coming out! :slight_smile:

If you don't mind me asking, are they currently behaving to the news poorly, or are they able to take it sufficiently well? My forced-out process was very unsuccessful for me.

3. JSG

JSG Guest

Congrats on coming out to your dad, I hope everything goes well for you when you tell your mother.

4. Trumpetplyer23

Hope it all goes well and congrats on coming out to your dad. Good luck!

5. Louise

Download some of the Pflag pamphlets on bi sexuality for your dad, this will help him understand what you are going through and what it means to you, and it will also help him to come out of his denial and accept what you have told him.

This might take several months, don't expect miracles but once you have him on your side you can approach your mum... or even get your dad to do it for you.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your dad! Sometimes it takes a while before parents come around to it but it seems that he will accept it eventually. Take up Louise's suggestion on the PFLAG material for your dad. With coming out to your mother, take your time. I agree with Louise that once your dad has gotten around to it, try enlisting his support when you are ready to come out to your mom. I hope all goes well for you.

7. Andrew

Wow @_@. I would think its the opposite.. Dad being more mad then the mom? Uhm, well congrats!

8. RobbIsFlyyy

You've gotten one step further than me.
    So congrats!
    That's a big step.

My parents would flip.
    :[
    And that kills me.

9. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Congrats good to know it went well. Good luck with your mother if you ever decide to come out to her.... my mothers like that to so I know what its like although she will probably take it worse since I'm fully gay.

10. Sam

Sam

Congrats on coming out to your dad! He just has to have some time. Maybe give him some info on bisexuality?