1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess I've got one toe out of the closet now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ginger Hobbit, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Ginger Hobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose I'm inching out of the closet a bit. My first experience telling someone was a bit surreal.

A while ago, I had mentioned to a couple of my close friends that I was questioning. They were supportive, but we didn't talk about it beyond that. Since then, I've been doing a lot of self-evaluation. I'm still not completely sure what I am, but I've been identifying more and more with the lesbian label, but I hadn't told anyone.

A couple days ago, I was chatting with a new friend and the topic of relationships came up. He very casually mentioned that he felt bad for me because there are so few other lesbians here. We'd never discussed sexuality and I normally pass for straight really well, so I was very startled and I panicked a little. Apparently this guy's just got freakishly accurate gaydar. We had a good discussion and now I've got an awesome new friend and somebody cheering me on!

2. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great news! Having awesome friends is a good starting point I think. Good luck for the future.