1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my (really close) cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by bdpotter, Dec 16, 2013.

1. bdpotter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just wanted to share this.
    I was talking to my cousin a few days ago over facebook (cause i live in another country) and we were talking all kinds of things. She is 17 soon turning 18. And I'm very close with her. Usually she always jokes about boyfriends with me and always asking me if i have one. I've moved to another country a few months ago, and she was all over the subject did i find someone new and those sort of stuff. And my answer is yeah maybe i met someone but i cannot tell you who it is. And I was planning to tell her when i see her in person in a month. And she was just pushing why i cannot tell her right now, and i said that maybe she will be disappointed and its better to tell her in person. But she kept pushing and at some point mentioned i know what it is you've gone lesbian right. To which of course i didn't answer anything. So after tiptoeing around the subject i just told her yeah well i actually met a girl instead of a guy. And she was like oohh so i was right ... and just asked me if i'm sure, and told me that things between us don't change. And just moved away from the awkwardness and actually started asking me about the girl, like it was an everyday thing she does.
    I was really scared for her reaction though cause i'm like her big sister and didn't want her to be disappointed in me. But when I see her in a month I'm gonna give her a big hug. (*hug*)

2. Munyal

That's heartwarming! I'm glad it went well for you!