1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out story! Whooo!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by XXX Lou XXX, Jun 20, 2008.

1. XXX Lou XXX

Okay, so here's how I came out (sorry if it's a bit long)!

The first person I told was one of my best mates, Mike. Well in fact he actually asked me if I was a lesbian while we were walking home from school and I said ''yeah... oh my god, how did you know?'' and he said ''dunno, I just did''. He said he was totally fine with it and that he knew for ages. I was really happy that I told someone but I wasn't ready to tell anyone else. A few weeks later me, Mike and a few other friends, were together at lunchtime and he just blurted out that I was a lesbian and my friends Hayley and Sam were like ''eeeurgh, really? Is that true? That's so wrong...'' and I denied it. They could tell I was lying because I went bright red and got really embarrassed and Sam could tell I was upset so she apoligised for reacting badly and said it was okay and she accepted me.

The best reactions I got were the day after, in art class though. Me and Sam were sitting next to each other and I was quitely saying to her something like ''I can't believe Mike told you that. I'm so angry, he said he wouldn't tell anyone'' and she said ''don't worry, it's totally normal, you're still the same person you've always been.'' I was pretty suprised because that was the complete opposite to her original reaction. Anyway, a girl in my class, Annie (who I was friends with but not close friends), asked what we were talking about and I just told her that someone told one of my secrets. So Annie and a few others kept asking me what he said and saying I could trust them and they wouldn't tell anyone else. I kept trying to change the subject but Annie and 2 others, Mel and Eddie, said they had an idea what it was. I asked them what they though it was and they all said they didn't want to say in case they were wrong. Annie asked if she could write a note to me. She wrote on a bit of scrap paper from her book, folded it in half, then passed it to me. It just said ''lesbian?'' and I nodded, paused and said ''yeah... I am''. Mel said ''awww, that's nothing to be ashamed of'' and, I totally wasn't expecting this: Annie said ''i'm bisexual so I know how you feel''. I was actually really suprised! It was so cool, and me and Annie became closer friends. We were talking openly about sexuality (Which I didn't mind because there were only 7 of us there and we're all mates) and no one acted weird about it (which is pretty rare at my school!).

Over time I eventually told a few more people and most were fine with it too. I'm generally a really shy person but I feel more confident now. If anyone asks me now I just tell them without denying it. I think everyone in my form group found out, and that's about 30 people!

More recently I came out to my best friend, Aimee, on MSN. I was totally scared telling her but her reaction was really good. :grin: So now im out to most of my friends and I plan on telling my family this year! :eek: It's all been good so far, only got one terrible reaction and that was my friend Mikes 18 year old sister, who kept making harsh comments and even smashed an egg on my head! :roflmao: But now she's acting nice to me, think she felt a bit guilty!

So anyways, if you read this then thanks! :grin: (!)

2. -Michael-

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats with that! :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!:slight_smile:

5. Sam

Sam

congrats!

6. Nitro

Ladies and gentleman, now coming in at number 6180th most effective way for "treating" homosexuality, and other related shock and surprise, - smashing an egg on the head of the gay person. :lol:

On a more serious note I am glad that your cohort has been so accepting. Well done on all sides! (still a bit confused about the whole egg though) :thumbsup:

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Story of my life. Good job, anyway.

8. Congrats!! I wish i had the guts to come out to my friends