1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Soulful1, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Soulful1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I am writing this post in hopes of receiving understanding. I am a middle aged assumably straight female who has, in the last 2 years realized that I am in love with my best friend who is a female. Our paths crossed 2 years ago. When I first met her I held my breath. Yes she was breathtaking & I was confused at how I could feel this way. In all my years I have never been attracted to another female but when I met her it was instant attraction. I was in a relationship at the time but that did not stop the feelings. Out of no where she gave me her number & we became closer & closer as we got to know each other. The weird thing is that we have the same favorites in more than four categories including movies & food! Crazy right. She has been the first and only female that I have been sexually intimate with & still the only one I'm attracted to. Help!!!!

#1 Soulful1, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. PurpleGrey

Well, a term I have heard is "heteroflexible", meaning straight, but able to love women, in your case. I'd say it's Kinsey 1 or 2. The Kinsey scale is pretty useful when you are trying to understand your orientation. If you haven't, you should look it up. I think it will help. :slight_smile:

3. Soulful1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you so much for the response PurpleGrey!!! It really did help. I took the Kinsey test and you were right, I am classified as a 2. Still in love with my BFF & I know she loves me too but I understand that she is younger and wants to please her parents as well. I am willing to step back because the odd thing is we both enjoy talking about and being with guys too. Its a crazy love.