1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So maybe I'm not completely out, but I'm still proud.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bells, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Bells

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not out to everyone in my life but I'm still very proud of who I am. I am feeling really triggered right now so I just want to say this to someone and this community seems like a very safe option.

I was 8 years old when I started to realize that The way I felt towards the same sex wasn't quite normal. I liked to look at Victoria Secret magazines and had crushes on my female teacher. I kept all this a secret until I entered middle school. My middle school had an enormous LGBT community. I hadn't really known what it meant to be bi or gay until then. I just knew I liked girls but would grow up and marry a man because that's what was expected. Well Ive learned differently know. I was 11 years old the first time I got the sexuality talk because I came homee from school with "Pro Gay is Okay" written on my hand in sharpie. I got grounded and my hand was scrubbed raw. My mother pinned me to the bathroom wall and poured a bottle of holy oil down my face, into my mouth and eyes. This traumatized me into believe that maybe I was crazy or evil and I started to self harm ad self medicate. At twelve I got my first girlfriend and I got high everyday to deal with the guilt of not being the perfect little Christian girl. This went on until my freshman year when I got sober. Along the way I dated guys too but always more girls. My Sophmore year I decided to abandon my Christian faith and convert to Buddhism. I also had an ephifiny and decided that gender and sex are two different things and that I didn't care about either of them. I am a pansexual and Buddhist female, that's who I am. I just wanted to tell someone.

2. method

That's great that you know yourself so well. I hope you have happiness in your life now :slight_smile: