1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superhero Coming Out Campaign (I need participants)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ogzltheeve, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello everyone!

I'm currently working on a project for my graphic design thesis. The name of my project is called Unmasked and it's a Superhero coming out Campaign aimed to visually inspire the LGBT youth. The reason I chose to call it a "Superhero coming out campaign" is because I will be collecting coming out stories from people and creating a Superhero character unique to each coming out story and will be featured on the campaign's website. If you're familiar with X-men, I'm basically drawing parallels from the idea that the mutants struggle to gain wider acceptance for being genetically different. And so I want my project/campaign to reflect on the idea of "revealing your inner superhero" to inspire those who are currently struggling with the process of coming out (myself included).

I know that I am posting this under Coming out stories but I don't want to take someone's coming out story without their permission. If by any chance anyone would be willing to participate in this campaign and share their coming out story I would really appreciate it!

P.S: Along with sharing the coming out story I would also like for you to describe your ideal superhero (superpowers, morals, physical attributes, gender, etc) so that when I'm creating your superhero it will be unique to your preference.

Thanks! (&&&)

#1 ogzltheeve, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey i sent you a message on your wall

3. Silver Sparrow

I'd love to be a part of this!
    There will be no names or personal info connected, right?
    Can you make a form to make it a little easier, at least for me?
    Thanks!

4. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No contact information or names would be included just your fake superhero name and the story itself!

I'd like to send you the tumblr page and facebook fan page but last time I shared a url and email I was banned :eusa_doh: :confused:

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2013 at 08:22 PM ----------

If you guys search for "the Unveilers" on facebook you will see the campaign page.

and the tumblr name is called UnmaskedHeroes