1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight lifted off my shoulders

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by 88Keys, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 88Keys

Out Status:
    A few people
    Tonight, just a few hours ago, I came out to my boyfriend as demisexual and questioning the rest of it. I've been wanting to tell him for a long time, as I've been questioning for months, but I was scared about how he might react. Realistically, I shouldn't have been scared at all, because he is an LGBTQ ally and we've been through lots of personal stuff before--we've told each other things no one else knows, been there when the other is crying or needing to vent, etc.--but I'm sure you all know how emotions go. They simply won't listen to reason. But I felt bad keeping it from the person who knows and loves me so well. It was weighing down on me. So tonight, I finally worked up the courage to tell him, and then try and fail to relax as I waited for his response (this happened over text). But as I should've known, everything is just fine. He said he will be there for support but this is something nobody but me can figure out. And then he asked if we can hang out tomorrow. :kiss:
    I feel much better about all this now that he knows. I'm probably not going to tell anyone else until I actually figure out my orientation. Luckily my circle of friends is very LGBTQ friendly, but while I'm still in this stage of questioning, I don't see much reason to say anything to them yet. My parents are a whole 'nother can of worms... But for now, I feel much more confident that I can solve the mystery, and eventually, maybe be totally open. :icon_bigg

2. Jaybird

Jaybird Guest

That's absolutely fabulous! Sounds like you have a wonderful boyfriend there. :slight_smile: Congratulations on working up the courage to tell him! That was very brave of you, and I can only imagine how great that must feel!

Best of luck in the future!

3. 88Keys

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much for the kind words :slight_smile: He is wonderful and I'm looking forward to another year with him by my side, hopefully also a year of further self-discovery.