1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out! (I think)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by yep, Jan 6, 2014.

1. yep

yep

So, on October 14th, my mom outright asked me if I was gay and I said I was and she was totally accepting and loving which was awesome. That night she told my dad and he was accepting as well! We talked that night about my coming out publicly/telling more people. By that point, I had already told 4 of my best friends, so I was pretty content with who I had told, so I kind of put coming out on hold until I was ready to tell more people.

Then over the next couple of months, I told 4 more friends and they were all extremely loving and totally fine with it. I realized after I told them that people don't really care that much. So after a lot of thought, I made it my New Years resolution to be open about my sexuality. I'm going to university in the fall and I was planning on being open about it there, but why not start now? :thumbsup:

So right after the clock struck midnight on January 1st, I changed my "interested in" on Facebook from women to men and added the fact that I'm gay to my Instagram and Twitter bios. It's not like I made a big public declaration, it's more just out there for anyone who wants to know, and I'm no longer afraid to tell people or answer their questions honestly if they ask! Thanks EC for all the support throughout my coming out process! (&&&)

2. biggayguy

Congratulations! If your University has a GSA That's a great way to meet other GLBT folks.

3. yep

yep

As far as I know, it does have a GSA so I'm planning on getting involved with that when I get to school!