1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...and now the School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by HackTGoon, Jan 6, 2014.

1. HackTGoon

HackTGoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So today, Monday the 6th of January 2014, I came out to the school... and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

After 7 years of depression since knowing I was gay, and the constant lies about liking girls, and boobs and other straight things I finally told them.

I didn't want to come out all shouting it from the roof tops or anything. I'm not camp or fit any of the stereotypes. I was simply going to wear a Rainbow Badge and if anyone asked, Id tell them "I am gay, but nothing has changed and Im still the guy you knew beforehand."

Our school has a kind of Library/Chill out area, where me and my friends hang out. So, while we were all around a circle table, the person sat next to me asked why I was wearing a Rainbow Pride badge. This was the moment I had been waiting for. It took like 3 hours for anyone to notice, and when he asked, my heart skipped a beat, I was ready for this.

So I told them. I said I was gay. And I got a chorus of "really!?" Most of them thought it was some kind of joke, so I had to stand up and spread my arms and legs and swear on my Mums life that I am gay. They asked if I was Bi, do you like any girls, and I just blatantly said no. This took some people back a bit, and I was scared what was going to happen next.

A series of more questions were fired towards me, asking who I liked, if I was top or bottom (I didn't answer, but I blushed brighter than a bloody tomato) and questions on the same line as that. After I answered all of them with a "Not telling" we sat in a stunned silence. At this time, I was practically shaking with fear of rejection then greatness happened. My friend who noticed the badge High Fived me, and so did everyone else in a kind of me high fiving them in a circle as they held out their hands. It was really a great feeling. They all got up and hugged me and I felt the happiest I have in a long time.

After the initial hugs, I got talking into how long I've felt like I was gay, and told them practically my life story about me hiding my depression from everyone. I asked them if they were cool with it and they all said "Duh"

So now I came out to the majority of my friends, I just need to wait for people in the school to realise the the badge goes with the things my friends say. I've told them to tell anyone if the conversation arises, because I don't want to live this stupid double life any more. I want to be me.

Now that I'm out and proud, I can finally start meeting new people, and hopefully a cute guy :grin:

Thanks for listening. I'm so happy now that it is done... (&&&)

2. Deen88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, congratulations!!:icon_bigg:eusa_clap
    I think you're very brave to stand up for yourself amidst a group of people (be it friends or not) and to be openly who you really are. Not everyone (including myself) was ready to take this step at your age. But also, the reaction of your friends was awesome!

I wish you all the best and that you find happiness in your life. You deserve it.(*hug*)

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!!!!!

4. Well done. Internet high five!

5. yep

yep

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! I know coming out is a hard thing, but isn't it just the greatest feeling when people know because you don't have to hide anything anymore? I love being about to talk about guys with my friends and not be afraid to check out guys or reblog pictures of super hot guys on Tumblr.

Job well done! :grin:

6. HackTGoon

HackTGoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone, Its been such a great day :grin:

7. Bear in mind you've just broken one of the biggest taboos - people don't know what the boundaries are of what they can and can't ask. You'll get people asking you all sorts. You don't have to answer any question that you don't want to - and it's definitely a good idea not to talk about gay sex stuff to anyone until you know for sure they won't spread it around the school rumour-mill.

My approach to insensitive questions (I still get 'em) is to laugh and say "you can't ask me that!" and then steer the conversation back onto comfortable territory.

Figure out your own way of dealing with it. You're doing good!

#7 uniqueusername3, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014