1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken gaydar?! No reaction?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GlindaRose, Jun 28, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is about the mutual friend of Helen and me. I decided to come out to her at a sleepover. I was having trouble saying the words directly so I started dropping hints.

We watched 'Tipping the velvet' (Lesbian movie) and Helen and I started to comment on who we thought was pretty. That wasn't *particularly* obvious and the friend didn't say anything.

Then at some point later that evening, we started talking about our sexuality and comparing it to objects. The friend said 'arrow' (She's straight). Helen said 'fork' lol. And I said 'limbo dancer' and started going on about how I was 'bent'. But she still didn't comment, and I was thinking, 'Come on, that was a major hint!!!' Also Helen and me were finding sexual innuendo in absolutely *everything*, even the most random things. And we kept directing it at each other.

So that night, I still hadn't come out properly come out to her. Today at breakfast, I started referring to Helen and me as 'Us queer people'. I also mentioned the thing about the fork and the arrow, and this time I said 'rainbow'. No response. What? Hello? Is your gaydar out of petrol or something?!?! By this point, I was getting bored. I wasn't even nervous about coming out anymore, just sick of her non-existent reaction.

We went to wild wadi (a water park) and all through the day I was dropping hints. I actually gave up trying to hide it. Helen and I started talking about EC and made jokes about how insanely queer we were. The mutual friend said nothing. We were actually getting a bit worried by this point. Like, come on, just ask me if I'm gay already!!!

Helen decided she wanted to go on this surfing thing but the friend and me didn't want to so we decided to wait for Helen. I brought up EC again and said that she should join it, and how they absolutely loved straight people, and how she could be our straight friend on the forum etc etc. Also we were watching people surf and some of the men were being complete idiots/show-offs, and I was like, 'I hate it how they do that, I mean it's no wonder there are lesbians in the world, they're actually SENSIBLE people.'

I was finally starting to make some progress. By this time, I was thinking 'She knows but just isn't saying anything'. I would have been amazed if she didn't have a clue by now.

Helen finished surfing, then we went somewhere to get drinks. Helen was like 'How did I do?' and I was like, 'You were way better then all those show-off men.' Then I made more talk about how I thought those show-offs were complete idiots.

We went to get drinks and this really horrible-looking guy walks past and Helen makes a comment about him and I'm like, 'Yeah, it's no wonder that I'm gay'. The mutual friend doesn't really say anything particular to this, but by now she must have gotten the message.

Then went to the wave pool and I was talking to her and I was like, 'I thought your gaydar had broken or something' and I asked her why she hadn't said anything and she was like, 'I did get the hints, and I was thinking "What are you trying to tell me?" but I just didn't really talk about it. I mean, it's not like I was expecting you to come out as gay over a sleepover.'

So yeah, that was the weirdest coming out I've ever had. But she's accepting and all that, so that's good. :slight_smile:

2. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    congrats ..
    so lucky i want to go to wild wadi :frowning2: to much traffic

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Lucy, there are easier ways to go about this. :roflmao: Anyway, congratulations!

4. Helen

Helen Guest

THANK YOU BECKY!

I kept on going 'JUST SAY IT', throughout the whole sleepover/waterpark >.<

Ah well, we got there in the end, and now I look back on it, it was very funny in my opinion. She just. couldn't. get. it. I was going crazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Tim

Tim

Seems like you guys had a fun time trying to tell someone o.o

At least you had Helen there to help with it :wink: (Helen, you had already come out to her, right? I think I remember you saying that in a past thread >.>)

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! :slight_smile:

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But Becky, it was such FUN in the end!! Besides, it provided a very nice, long, interesting coming out story for the whole of EC to read.

8. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I second this :roflmao:.

I think maybe I'd've assumed that she was too embarrassed to ask or something....

But a really funny story, and glad it worked out :slight_smile:

9. Alexander

That. Was. Hilarious.

Seriously lucy. that is amazing.

Haha, I can totally imagine helen bopping her over the head :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She should have :grin:

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's right, everyone. Remind me how much of a wuss I am.

Don't I feel so flattered. lol

11. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

^^ aww bless. It is so much eaiser said than done. I mean I still haven't actually come out to anyone by just saying "I'm gay" lol. Anyway we all like a good story and it can be quite amusing watching someone piece together the jigsaw :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hee hee.

12. josephaustin92

congrats and i hope some of my coming outs happen to be that entertaining :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Quitex

Quitex Guest

This is simple awesomeness. Enough said.

14. revolutionrock

Very cute. I think it's cool that she respected you enough not to outright ask you, even if you were dropping anvil-sized hints. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

15. MeskElil

Very nice, Lucy! That gave me an idea...:grin:
    I might come out to my best friend soon...and you gave me some ideas! He's the kind of guy where you HAVE TO beat around the bush, or else he doesn't get it! Wow, he's interesting.
    Anyway, nice job, and I'm glad you had fun!

16. Trumpetplyer23

Good job Lucy..

Seriously, everyone, sometimes it's hard to just outright say it. It took me until January 2008 to finally come out to someone by saying I'm bisexual outloud.

Anyways, that is awesome!

17. jazzrawr

Oh, Lucy. XD
    That's good it went well! :grin:
    I was wondering whether you had told her yet when we were talking, but I couldnt say it cause she was there and I didn't know if you'd told her...yeah. XD
    But at least it was a fun coming out! XD

If it were me I would have done the same thing. I'm no good at saying it outright. XD

18. HalfInsane

Hehe, that's such an unnecessarily complicated way of coming out to someone... I love it!

19. -Michael-

haha i hope mine dont have to go on for 2 days :grin: