1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lannister_dragon, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Hey EC! :smilewave

Some of you might remember my thread from a few weeks ago stating that I had just accidently came out to my best friend after having many drinks. My friend had stopped talking to me and the whole thing seemed like a mess for a while. However, just recently now that some time has passed we're back to being best buddies. He completely accepts me for who I am and even asked me to be his best man at his wedding!

I'm so happy and feels amazing to be out to one person! Now, if only I had the courage to come out to my family and the rest of my friends..... one step at a time right? :icon_bigg

2. forbiddenlove12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really glad everything worked out for you :slight_smile:

3. UIOP

That's great! :slight_smile:

4. Re: Came out to best friend

Thanks guys. I just wanted to give an update to my story hoping to encourage guys and girls who are in the same situation. If they're your real friends, they'll stick beside you no matter what. Sure, it might take them a while to accept it but the important thing is that they eventually do. :icon_bigg

5. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

6. Thanks man! (*hug*)

7. jp36

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I'm trying to build up the courage to come out to my best friend, so it's great to read stuff like this.

8. Best of luck to you my friend! You'll know when you're ready. :slight_smile: granted, my coming out wasn't planned and did it while I was drunk. At the time I thought I had ruined my friendship but man was I wrong. My buddy and I are closer now than ever, it feels great to be out to someone!

9. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great news!

10. I've got even more great news. I managed to come out to my cousin when she saw something was bothering me. She totally accepts me for who I am. :slight_smile:

11. mikey1345

mikey1345 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    congrats! thats awesome man!

12. Thanks. It feels awesome!

13. UIOP

That's so amazing! Well done :grin:

14. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CONGRATULATIONS! And thank goodness for booze as well. LOL :slight_smile:

I think you are meant to be best of friends with that guy. He sounds totally awesome. Maybe he was just utterly shocked at the beginning because for him, your revelation came out of nowhere but now I am so glad to see that after overcoming that initial shock, he finally understood who you really are. :slight_smile:

I think coming out to your best friend and your cousin sounds really, really promising. Maybe all your friends and family members will accept you for who you are as well. Take it one person at a time. But things are definitely looking up for you! So hang in there and be happy always!

Cheers!
    Sam

15. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am so happy for you! One step at a time!

16. Thanks Kyle!

Thanks for the kind words Sam, it is encouraging that the people I came out to are taking it well. :slight_smile:

17. NotSureWhatIam

Congrats! Coming out to someone so close is really hard. I'm still deciding how to cone out to my very straight best friend.

18. Has he been your friend for long? What are his views on homosexuality? If he's a really close friend he'll accept you. My buddy is super straight and took it a bit hard at first but he came around. :slight_smile: Coming out to your friend might be hard but you'll know when it's time. Unfortunately in my case I told him while I was drunk but it turned out alright in the end. :slight_smile:

19. NotSureWhatIam

He's made it clear that he's okay with it. He said "it doesn't matter what 'parts' a person has as long as you love him" (a very odd thing for him to say, I agreed thinking that was a massive hint). We haven't been friends for long (like 5 months) but we're really close, we both agree that it feels like we've known each other since we were kids (kindred spirits I guess). Thanks for the advice and again, congrats!

20. That's great to hear! He seems like an accepting guy, i'm sure it'll go well for you. best of luck! :slight_smile: