1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Different, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Different

So I've been going back and forth about coming out to my family. I feel like if there are people in the world that love me the most it would be my immediate family. Plus I don't think I could ever live with myself if someone told them I was interested in girls before I could tell them myself. I'm 18 and headed to college next year. I'm really tentative about coming out to them now because in a few years what if I fall in love with a guy? I understand that we don't need labels and we don't need to ever come out but without labels and coming out I feel so alone. It's hard for me to identify with girls my age because we have totally different views on dating etc. I feel like I'm in no-mans-land.

2. femmeinpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think you should come out when you're ready, but if you are worried about the label thing, I think it makes sense to either hold off until you're more certain, or just come out as a lesbian or bi or whatever you feel like right now. It doesn't matter if it changes in a week, or a month, or a year or never because the people who care about you most shouldn't and probably won't hold you to that.

As for dating views, I'm the same way. I know once I come out people will probably ask why I never dated like most of my friends. Part of it is because I was still unsure about my sexuality (I never questioned it in high school but I was pretty sure I didn't like guys) and part of it is because I'm shy and still unsure of how to go about asking a girl out! It's awkward territory for sure but I hope this helps even a little bit!

3. Different

I does! Thank you.