1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story: Being Forced Out Of The Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hartosexual, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't really know how this works so I'm gonna share my coming out story I guess. When I was in year eight I told my two closest friends I am gay. Then in year 9 I told my other closer friends. Me and one of them fell out and all of a sudden the school bully was shouting stuff at me like "Lesbian" and all that so I knew she had told. She kept telling me that she hadn't told anyone but she was the only person who would want to do that to me so I knew it was her. I'm still getting plauged by this and one of the other girls fell out with me and threatened to tell my mum saying "You wouldn't want your mum to find out your dirty little secret would you".

I guess I'm getting used to the bullies now but it's still upsetting getting messages on Facebook about it.

So yeah that's my story of being forced out of the closet at school. Thanks for reading.

:thumbsup:

Ok if you have any advice for telling my family I wouldn't mind hearing it. Thanks.

:smilewave

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You poor thing! Welcome to EC!

How do you imagine your family will react when they find out?

3. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well two of my cousins know and they were fine about it but I haven't seen them in years so I wasn't worried. I don't know how my mum and step dad will react and I'm kinda getting the impression that one of my brothers is a homophobe. Thanks for welcoming me!

4. lovely lesbian

That is mean people can be so nasty

5. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah. She was like my best friend and we had one stupid argument. And the other girl I told everything and she threatened to tell my mum.

6. MightNeedThis

If you tell you mom and dad, though it will be hard i'm sure, it's something the bullies won't have over your head.

As far as your brother goes, he might change his tune when he hears about you. Any chance you can talk to a school counselor and see if they have any ideas on how to help the situation?

7. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would but I go to an extremely religious school. I guess talking to mum is a good idea but I want to do it when I have somewhere to live if she chucks me out.

8. BiPenguin

People of all ages can be poor in character as you have experienced. All I can suggest is just saying, "Yeah, so what? What is it to you?". It's owning the situation however at your age, if you have a family that is conservative to the point of disowning you, it is hard. Only you know what your parents are like.