1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as trans* to male friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lookslikelily, Jan 19, 2014.

1. lookslikelily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've learned over the years that my personality is very extroverted to the point where it can be construed as being obnoxious. It's just who I am and sometimes I have to tone things back. I didn't want my coming out to my male friends to be this reserved, timid, meek "oh hey guys..."

I decided that since most of my friends were meeting in my college town for a big hockey game and a hangout, I'd come out to them at the game, and it was one of the best nights of my life. I had one of my cisgirl friends do my nails and I put on my hockey jersey and headed off to the game, where I told my male friends in person that I'm a trans* girl and that I still love hockey, no matter what.

One of my friends, who was late to the whole thing, proceeded to laugh at my school colored nails, so I felt that I needed to be a bit obnoxious with him. I took his hand, put it to my chest and said, "Yeah, I'm a trans* girl and this is where my boobs will be, so enjoy the feel while you can."

He stood there in shocked silence for a moment or two before bursting out laughing.

I've got many more stories about how I came out to different friends, but this was definitely one of the best ones I've done. Maybe I've got a bit too much of a flair for the dramatic.....

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! How cool :grin:

I like how you handled the guy who laughed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: