1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to younger brother!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by purplekitty, Jan 20, 2014.

1. purplekitty

So I came out to my brother two days ago! I mean the 10 year old one, not the 19 year old one. I think it will be weirder for the 19yr old one, but that is a topic for another thread.

Anyway, my mom (the one I'm out to) was talking to my younger brother about acceptance and stuff when she started to mention homosexuality, bisexuality, and asexuality. She and I were talking to my brother in general terms, but then she got more specific by saying, "I'm sure that if purplekitty had something to tell you that you would be accepting." I said, "Are you trying to get me to say something?" because she was not being subtle at all. My brother said, "Yeah Mom that sounded pretty suspicious." She said defensively, "No, I was just saying it as an example." Obviously, she was trying to encourage me to come out to my brother. I was slightly annoyed that she was basically dragging this out of me, but since I'd been wanting to come out to my brother anyway, I decided this was as good a time as any.

So I swung my spinny chair around to face my brother and I said, "Well, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while. I'm an agender asexual." At this point I waved my hands theatrically with a mini ta-da. "It basically means that I don't feel like a girl or a boy in my head and I've never felt sexual attraction for anybody." My brother didn't think it was that big of a deal. My mom then asked him if he thought any differently of me and if he was happy that he understood me better. My brother and I exchanged glances because we both knew that this didn't change anything between us. It was a little funny in a way because she was trying really hard to be tolerant and nice but she was overdoing it. My brother had no problems with me at all.

So there you go, I'm out to 4 people! :slight_smile: