1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to come out to my father tonight.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Cutandpaste, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Cutandpaste

Hey everyone this is my first post on here and I just want to thank you all gecause reading all your stories has really helped me be confident enough to get to wherre I am in regads to my coming out now.

With that out of the way lets get you up to date.
    I told my mom that I am gay on thursday. It was the most stressful coming out ever and I still do not feel like it even happened. Its all a blur. She answered with an almost immediate "I know" that came with a look that said "don't be stupid i'm your mother." She went on to say all the old cliches about hiw this changes nothing and she loves me no matter what. She also asked me if I would want her to tell my father to which I said an absolute no. It would be weird to not tell him myself. She assured me that he woukd be accepting but I know that he isn't as open minded as she is.

I'm going to see him tonight (parents are divorced) for the first time since I told my mom and I plan on telling him. I have decided that I am going tovdo it first thing when I walk in the doors or else I probably won't do it at all. This is the most anxious I have been in a long time and will be leaving soon to go see him so I will post an update when I get back (I'm pretty well on writing this to make sure that I follow through.

After this the next big hurdle will be my twin brother
    Then my two sisters who shoukd be easy to tell
    Then everyone else
    I'm not doing too poorly seeing as coming out is my new years resolution and january isn't even over yet.

2. The Lost One

Nice going! You are doing very well. It was my New Year's resolution as well. Though, I'm just over double your age. Therefore, I'm doubly impressed you have the guts to come out at your age. Good luck!

3. Destiel

I hope it all goes well for you! I'm too whimpy to tell my parents yet aha.
    But I hope it all goes well! And that is great that your mum is totally accepting towards you, that is something that is amazing as a parent on her part and just as an accepting human-being. The fact that you're being courageous enough to tell him is great on your part :slight_smile:
    Can't wait to see if it goes well for you! I'm rooting for you! :thewave:

4. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats and good luck! I really admire how quickly you've been able to push yourself through this process after deciding to do it! :slight_smile:

5. Cutandpaste

It really could not have gone better. As planned I told him as soon as I got in the door. He said something along the lines of "can I get you anything to drink" and I just cut him off with "sure but theres something we have to get out of the way first....[long dramatic pause] I'm gay." He just hugged me and thanked me for telling and kept saying how he knew it must have been difficult for me and that he's sorry for any stress it may have caused in my life. He was exceptionally nice and we had really long talk about it. I really couldn't have asked for a nicer coming out.
    I nearly started crying at one point just thinking about how lucky I am to have such wonderful parents and how I have friends who are in the closet with blatantly homophobic parents who will never get to have what I do. I am truly blessed with such a wonderful family. I'm sorry that it doesn't make for a very exciting story though.
    Thanks for your support guys.

6. Destiel

I'm glad it went well for you! :icon_bigg

7. Clay

Congrats!

8. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Glad to hear it went well. Now you get to update your out status to "parents" :eusa_clap:icon_bigg

9. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's so awesome that everything went so smoothly for you. Enjoy freedom! :slight_smile:

10. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is amazing! congratulations. Your parents sound awesome!

11. katwat

Congratulations! So happy for you.