1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mum today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by An Unknown User, Jan 28, 2014.

1. An Unknown User

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It went way better than I expected. I just sort of blurted it out and she asked me some questions. After that she ended up telling me that she actually identifies as bisexual though her preference is towards men. She then told me that she would love me no matter what and would never stop ("unless you start robbing banks and killing people then we might have to talk" her words not mine xD)

Later on we had a discussion on wether to tell my dad or not. My dad is the problem just because he doesn't agree with homosexuality or bisexuality so he may react badly. We ended up deciding I should wait until after university to tell him but my mum assured me that he will still love me no matter what my sexuality is.

So all in all I am really happy about how it went and I feel like I have a weight off my shoulders :slight_smile:

2. Im Just Me

This is great to hear that she understands, and even told you she identifies as bisexual as well. Congratulations :grin: So glad it went well~

3. slimred

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really glad it went well for you! I'm assuming as you say your Dad disagrees with bisexuality that he doesn't know about your Mum identifying as such? If he already does know, that would be less of a worry for you as he would have accepted your Mum as bisexual already. Just a thought!

4. Born this way93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    wow what a great reaction im happy for you :slight_smile:: hope things go well with dad

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome, glad to hear it went well for you! Good luck with your dad. :slight_smile:

6. Gort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    High five! Try not to rob banks or kill people. I hear it's frowned upon.

7. An Unknown User

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    @slimred, Thank you and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about my mum being bisexual, I have my doubts just because he is one of those people who is against it but he respects others enough to not invade something that is not his business. So he may know but he just keeps quiet about it, if that makes sense :slight_smile:

@Gort, I'll try not to... Though I'm not making any promises I can't keep, no one knows what opportunities the future may bring!

And thank you soo much everyone for your support :slight_smile:
    It's really great to know I'm not alone in this and I appreciate it soo much :slight_smile: