1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I got my planned name

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by warholwendy, Feb 3, 2014.

1. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So a while ago I came out as transgender to my best friend and he told a bunch of people and he was mad but the bad part was he said I was gay not because being gay is a bad thing (it isn't) but because it's frustrating when you have to explain yourself

So I ended up having to out myself to this dude in my class (we're on pretty good terms) and we're getting along

Few weeks later on homecoming for our school I was sitting up with him and his crowd with this girl up there and she asked me "are you bi?" because I had already came out as that on the bus home from an academic team game and I said yeah and this dude said to explain myself to this girl and I'm a pretty open guy to my friends even though it sometimes makes things awkward or bad between us, so I wasn't mad. I explained myself to her and we got onto the subject of my name and I said I liked my name so I was just going to write J. (my name starts with J) [last name].

And she was like "Isn't your middle name [name that starts with M]?" and I was like "yeah."

So then she's like "Why not J.M.... MJ!!!"

And we both had this look of awe as I was given the greatest possible name. And I don't even have to get my name changed because it counts as a nickname. Yeah.

2. UIOP

Awesome! That sounds really great! :slight_smile:

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Twas pretty sweet