1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by optionthree, Feb 5, 2014.

1. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So earlier, I was talking to two of my friends about what is wrong because it has been so visible that I'm really tense lately. I literally couldn't get my words out and ended up writing them a note, which I wouldn't have done if they hadn't asked.

Anyway, so they found out, and I feel like maybe I made such a huge deal out of nothing, as they were completely supportive and said that they would always love me no matter what I am. However I feel so overwhelmed with emotion and nerves, and it doesn't help that they are bombarding me with questions which I don't know how to answer, like 'Are you going to get a sex change?' and I just don't know and saying things like 'It's not that bad, surely all you have to do is cut all your hair off.' -_-

I am so happy that I did this, but I just don't know how to approach the questions that they ask me...

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. ..CONGRATS!

Now, If there questions make you uncomfortable:change subject, don't answer or Just joke about it, or even let them know tht there making you feel awkward.

If questions don't make you uncomfortable, just answer them! Your are probably really just curious..

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Answering their questions, will help clear up things.
    You will have plenty of time to decide if you want to go through with the final step (as there are alot of prerequisites)
    you should be happy that they ask so much, it means they care and are trying to better understand you and what you will ultimately be going through ^^

4. Mysz

Congratulations; you have some people to turn to now in your daily life (besides all of the wonderful EC'ers of course) for support =) You can keep saying "I don't know yet" if they press you, and hypothesize about what you might want to do about transitioning with them; it'll help drive the point home that you are still new to the idea and you can get opinions.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulations on coming out to your friends, and that you are happy about it. It's great that they are so supportive. :slight_smile:

As it was indicated in the posts above, it is okay to say "I'm trying to figure out some of the things," or "I'm still thinking about transitioning and need to get some more information/insights myself too."