1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to 2 people this week!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Scarybat, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Scarybat

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm feeling really excited/relieved right now. I was just talking with my brother and we got into the subject of different orientations and gender identities, and he was asking me questions and I was explaining different terms to him and what they meant. Then I just kind of came out with it and told him I was bisexual and he was surprised but really cool about it like it was no big deal, and he asked me questions about it and stuff. I knew he would take it well but I'm just relieved now that he knows my "big secret" our relationship is more honest now. We were always super close but I hope this will bring us even closer. Earlier this week too I was talking with my asexual(bi/pan-romantic?) friend and she brought up how she almost joined the LGBT club so I just casually mentioned that I almost did too, and then we had a conversation about how our orientations are ignored sometimes and how it sucks to like a girl who turns out to be straight, it was just really casual, even though I was still shaking. I'm just glad I have more people on my side now.:icon_bigg

2. UK_guy

Congratulations on coming out and I'm glad you had a positive reaction to coming out :slight_smile:

3. It's always reassuring to hear positive coming out stories like this! Congrats on your coming out!! :slight_smile:

4. Clay

Fantastic news! I'm glad your brother was supportive, must be great.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's fantastic that you were able to come out to your brother during the conversation with him. Nicely done.

If you haven't joined the LGBT club yet, maybe try joining together with your friend. :slight_smile:

6. setnyx

that's awesome on both counts! its great you have a friend and family member to support you.