1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Coming Out"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bassist Bryan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Bassist Bryan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I came out to my dad as a "lesbian" just to gauge his reaction... "lesbian" being in quotations since I am actually a trans male and he still believes that I am female. He wasn't angry but at first he was weirded out like "oh GOD" in that kinda half-joking/half-serious manner??? Again, not outwardly upset but he seemed kind of weirded out by it.

I'm mostly upset by this because he does not know that I am a trans male and I've brought up transgender people in the past only to get a very strange reaction ("oh I don't want to hear about your transgender friends!!") he eventually cooled off about it... but it's the fact that he reacted like that to begin with that kind of really threw me off a bit.

I feel like I'd benefit from being open about it, because I wish I could get some kind of real therapy for this since I'm basically pre-everything. But I'm having a hard time balancing what benefits I could possibly gain versus the risk I'd be taking... especally cos I'm turning 18 soon and heading off to college [maybe] so I'm inevitably going to be dirt poor...

I came so far to accept myself only to have come to this "...NOW what the hell am I supposed to do???" roadblock. :confused:

2. Kenaria

Follow your heart, do what you think is best to do. If your dad doesn't accept you, then he's not a good dad.
    Sometimes things happen for a reason, and if they do, then they're supposed to

Stay strong!:kiss:

~Jess :slight_smile: