1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sam, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Sam

Sam

last night I wrote an email to everybody in my address book, a lot of whom had no idea about my orientation. I said some things to those who knew and I basically wanted everybody to look at a petition and sign it and provided the link so by the end of the email if people didn't know about me then they were completely not paying attention to the letter. anyway so now a lot of my extended family should know within a day or so which is great because I can be completely open about myself and not have to hide anything. I know it doesn't belong in this thread and I hope nobody will get offended when I say this because I don't mean it in an offensive way: What was going on in the 50's and 60's? African American people were not treated equally were they. Made to be seperated from white people and sit in the back of buses. Laws kept on failing to go into effect. Well as we all know (except for some terrible people out there) African American people finally after years of struggling finally got the equality they deserved. Excuse me for what I'm going to say next it might sound bad: we are the African American people of the 21st century, meaning we are going through the same struggles for equality that they once had to go through. Maybe it will work out like in the 60's and we will finally get the equality we deserve.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Congrats and well done on mustering up that courage. You are a brave soul. And a noble one for doubling up on the purpose of the email by putting a little petition at the end, although they probably will not sign it because of the initial shock.

Congrats, again.:eusa_clap