1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different story each time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SwimScotty, Feb 17, 2014.

1. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So far I've come out to several of my friends, and each one of them has a different story behind it.

I started coming out to people on the last day of school last year. BSA had just voted to repeal the ban on gay Scouts starting 1-1-14, and I was talking about it with one of my friends. He was all afraid that some gay kid would sneak into his tent at night and start going down on him, etc., and making all kinds of stereotypical slurs. Eventually I just said, "If you've got such a problem with gay people, I shouldn't be sitting here." His response was, "Well, it's different because I know you." He hasn't said anything in front of me since then.

There was a bet involved with one of my girl-friends, which resulted in her having to dress entirely in pink for a day (she's a tom-boy; she hates pink). She'd said earlier that the day I was gay she'd wear pink, and I called her on it. So that was fun, but we had to dodge questions about why she was wearing pink and what the terms of the bet were, since I wasn't comfortable coming out to everyone yet. I think that was my favorite one.

I think over the summer I'm going to buy a rainbow bracelet or choker or something and just start wearing it all the time. I already wear more jewelry than half of the girls I know, so something like that would be fitting. I drop enough hints already with my computer backgrounds and choice of books (and dressing as a girl for Halloween) that I don't think it'll be much of a surprise to most people.