1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out earlier tonight than expected!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Randy, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pardon spelling and/or grammar errors. On my iPhone because my laptop's LCD got messed up last week.

So my best bud and I have bible study every Wednesday somewhere on campus. And last week, I sort of like gave the impression that...I didn't want to do the study anymore. As a result, the rest of the week, I was contemplating telling him why and whatnot after all was said and done. I planned to come out anyway so this was not spur of the moment, although there was no hesitation between the question and answer. It jumped out of me.

So we were near the end of the bible study and we were talking about sin and he was like I struggle with lust after women. He then asked me what me thoughts were and just then the answer of "obviously I don't deal with that" jolted right out of my mouth. He was stunned by my answer and asked me "why?" because I muttered the words "why did I said that?" Then complete silence. He then asked are you not attracted to them and I said no. "Are you attracted to men?" I said yes.

He told me he had a suspicion because of all the equal rights stuff I post, my verbal pro-LGBT advocacy and that I'd be rooming next year with people that are gay. Afterwards, he told me that he was glad I told him.

I knew he'd be fine with it because we've been best buds for a year and to not be anymore over a minor part of someone's identity is just stupid and I think he knows that to. If I told him when I met him, I probably wouldn't have felt as comfortable saying anything to him a year ago. But yea...he's a pretty neat guy with his heart definitely in the right place.

2. theMaverick

So I know you posted this a while back, but congratulations! I'm glad it went well for you!

3. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congratulations! I love when I hear people came out successfully. Hope you have a great night