1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out To My Cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LadyPoltergeist, Feb 24, 2014.

1. LadyPoltergeist

Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently, I've felt more and more like I want to come out to my family and after talking to my friend I came to the decision that my cousin would be a good place to start- we're really close, but he lives far enough away that I wasn't too nervous about him taking it badly or having to awkwardly interact with him afterwards.
    So, yesterday, I asked if he had time to talk to me about something on Facebook, then sent him a really long message I'd written out before explaining that I liked girls sometimes. I was shaking and so so scared, but his reaction was better than I could have hoped for. I wasn't expecting a negative response or anything, but I was blown away by his overwhelming support and understanding. (I was in M&S- using the free WiFi- and trying to make it look like I wasn't crying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    I have been ridiculously happy since, completely giddy and utterly over the moon. I still have the rest of my family to come out to, but knowing I have him on my side is a huge relief and comfort to me.

2. Congrats! :slight_smile: glad to hear that you have your cousin on your side!