1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is gonna be one heck of a group project...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bring it, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This isn't a very long story, and I just thought it was amusing at the time that it happened.

My global studies class is doing a project where we have to do research on and propose a solution to a world issue. My group (consisting of me, A, E, and L) chose discrimination against lgbts as our topic.

We had all gathered in the global studies classroom and were doing research, talking, and generally being unproductive. We were mocking and joking about anti-gay arguments when L asked "so is anybody here not actually straight?"

All four of us raised our hands.

It might not me that funny in text, but I find it kind of ironic that the four people who are put in a group to do a project on lgbt rights are lgbts themselves.

Anyways, that's my little story, I hope you enjoyed!

2. LongMayIReign

I may or may not be cracking up right now :grin: I had a similar situation this year where there was a trio including myself that tried (and failed) to restart the schools GSA. The girl's best friend was bisexual and in the middle of the project the guy came out as gay (I stayed cozied up in my closet though so props to you for being brave!)

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is priceless! :roflmao: I find it unlikely that a group of 13 year-olds are all so sure of themselves (I thought I was straight despite checking out boys at that age, go figure), but it does go to show that there are more GSM individuals than statistics show.

The solution? You might suggest something like a large-scale drive to introduce kids to the concept of non-straight orientations and relationships at a very young age, young enough that they don't have a lot of preconceived notions. Then by the time it means anything, it won't even be an issue. Granted that isn't feasible considering that a sizable portion of voters and policy makers are prejudiced, but it's a start. :slight_smile:

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's bizarre. Very cool, I mean like I can't think of good enough words to say how awesome that it. :eusa_clap

5. Will2M

What was the class's reaction?

6. Silver Sparrow

That's cool! However, since you all chose lgbtq rights, I can't say I'm super surprised.

7. cannotcompete

Oh wow, that's awesome. If that ever happened to me (I go to a catholic school) I would probably not stop laughing for an entire day. Props to you for being so brave and everything and choosing an awesome topic for your project :slight_smile: