1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrible to Wonderful :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LongMayIReign, Feb 27, 2014.

1. LongMayIReign

Last Friday I came out to a close friend via text and he basically said "I'm not okay with it but I won't tell anyone". I was obviously upset and taken aback. I texted him again last night and asked him why he said that but that I wouldn't try to convince him of anything (I assumed it was because of his religion.) Amazingly he said that he was just shocked and it's new territory but now he's perfectly fine with it :grin: I seriously feel so lucky to have the friends that I do right now.

2. I heart Owls

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yay! Acceptance feels awesome! (!) (*hug*)

3. Congrats! It's always reassuring to have accepting friends! :slight_smile:

4. Mattx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How did you pick which friend to talk to ? I myself am trying to tell someone I just Don't know who and how

5. LongMayIReign

I initially told my absolute closest friend and then my five closest school friends a few months later. I knew they would all be fine with it beforehand because I'd talk about LGBT topics around them and I was also getting slowly shabby at hiding it around them.

The guy I talk about in this thread and I subsequently got in a few huge fights and don't speak anymore so that happened ... (It was not about my sexuality although he did use that to make me feel inferior)

I'd start with a close friend who you don't go to school with as I did just because you can trust them but in the off chance they aren't okay at first, they won't spread rumors. My five school friends I wrote letters to which can help if you get too nervous.

6. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    great news :grin:/

7. Tracks

Congrats!