1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Im Just Me, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Im Just Me

Me and my brother have always had a very close, open, and honest relationship where we could talk to each other about anything. In reality, I've always kinda figured I could come out to him with no issue, but it was still a scary and nerve-wracking thing to do. Lately, though, I've really been wanting to do so.

Last night, we were playing a video game together half-heartedly, because while we were playing, we were talking about our day and things going on in our life and such. I forget what it was that came up, but it was something that made him crack a joke he usually does about how I seem into girls. I've never known if this is purely a joke because of how affectionate I am with girls and some hints I drop and him wanting to tease me, or if part of him kinda wants me to tell him if I really do.

Anyway, this time, I chuckled and said "What if I wasn't straight for real?" and he was like "What? Uhh" trying to think of his answer because he was clearly not expecting that. Then I just quickly said "Because I'm not. I do like girls." And he was like "Really? So you're bi?" (Because I have a boyfriend) and I answer "Yeah. Actually, with a VERY strong preference for girls..." And he is clearly shocked but after a moment of processing he goes "Well, cool. Thanks for telling me! i really never expected that, since you've only ever had boyfriends." Then he paused and was like "Wait, have you dated any girls in secret?"

He was 100% cool with it and it changed absolutely nothing about me. I ended up being even more honest and telling him about how I have been wondering lately if I may actually be a lesbian, but it's hard because I'm in a relationship with a guy and it's confusing and all, and he was so there for me and just really great.

Later in the night, we ended up discussing our own types to see if they were similar, and he asked for my opinion on the girl he was crushing on xD it was a really great night, and I feel so much better now that I feel like he really completely knows me and I'm not hiding something.

2. Congrats! What a wonderful story to share, I'm so happy for you! :slight_smile: also, your brother sounds like a cool guy to be very accepting like that!

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having the support of your siblings is a great feeling that nothing can break. :slight_smile: Glad everything worked out so fantastically. <3

4. IG88

It's good to have your brother on your side! Good stuff :slight_smile: