1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I came out to my younger sister tonight...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ghost93, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Earlier in the thread http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...ut-few-people-over-upcoming-spring-break.html, I mentioned how I was considering coming out to my sister over my college spring break.

Though I knew she would not be mean to me about it, I was a bit worried she would be very uneasy about the subject. But when I told her she said she already knew (she said she was like 98% sure I was gay) and that she was glad I told her. She is also very accepting and said that it was good for me to open up to people.

This was the best response I could have hoped for in this situation. Knowing that my sister loves me exactly the same has made me so happy. In fact, I have not felt this genuinely happy in like three years. The past few years I have been so depressed I have only smiled briefly if something funny was said or if I was trying to appear friendly. But tonight I felt like I couldn't stop smiling because I was just overwhelmed with joy that there is someone in the family I can trust and who I can count on should everything else fail.

She did agree with me that it would not be wise to tell my parents and brother yet. But that's fine, I wasn't planning to for at least another year.

I also came out to the sister of the one friend I had told two months ago. She was also extremely accepting and casual about it.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really glad to hear this went so well for you. Congrats! :slight_smile:

3. oldpulteney

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great!! :slight_smile:
    I wish I was able to come out at your age.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a fab sister !! Hugs to her from me too!

5. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations! I love hearing positive coming out stories... they're inspiration for my someday more wide spread coming out (right now only the hubby knows).

6. Congrats! Thats great to hear!