1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couldn't ask for a better Mum!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Chlo98, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Chlo98

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So after a while I finally decided to make the plunge and come out to my Mum. I knew I wouldn't be able to say it in person however I knew I was ready for certain. I started to compose an email and when I had finished I couldn't hit send :frowning2: After 1hr 30mins and a lot of reasurrance from my girlfriend I closed my eyes and hit send! When I woke up I recieved the best email ever from my mum and I couldn't ask for a more supportive parent :slight_smile: here's the email I received:

Dear Chloe,

Oh my sweet, you didn’t have to be scared at all coming and talking to me about this. You should not have let this play on your mind and I knew something was the matter with you.

Society doesn’t take well to this as you know but things are getting better! I fully accept your choice and will be behind you all the way and support you. Like you said you are my baby girl and wether you like boys or girls it doesn’t matter to me only that you are happy!!

I have no shame in this and neither should you, I am very happy that my daughter will be marrying a girl one day, I will be that happy I will shout it from the roof tops how proud you have made and also how strong you are knowing exactly what you want at your age. Something I wish I could have done at your age.

I am though now pleased you have told me. You asked if I had picked up on this about you not having a boyfriend and such and yes I had ages ago! Deep down I know the signs but I felt that you would one day tell me so I am fine with this and very happy. You have a very good friend in Sophie and thank her for her support, you don’t get many like this.

One thing you must remember I am always here to talk to you and never ever be scared on telling me anything no matter how dark and dim it would be. I am your mum and always will be and will always have the deepest love for both my daughters no matter what they do or who they are!

If you had told me face to face, I would have given you the biggest hug and will do when you come downstairs, my baby girl is growing up!

In life you will come across name calling and abuse because of this like I said society doesn’t always accept it but always remember that the most important thing in life is your happiness and that you have my love and support so never ever let anyone try and change your mind or let anything get to you at all!. You are normal and not like you said in the email we are all normal human beings, nothing wrong with us just because we like something else in life and remember that you no different to anyone else as you are NOT!! You are a wonderful daughter anyone could have.

Some of our family will not accept this sweet but remember they are from a lot older generation. With support when the time comes which is not yet and probably won’t be for sometime we can both deal with this and on your terms not mine.

So to sum it up there is nothing to worry about my sweet. Keep smiling, be happy and always know you have a place in my heart full of hugs and love always!

When I went downstairs she gave me the biggest hug in the world and thats when I knew everything was going to be fine :slight_smile:

2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! You and your mother sound like y'all have a great relationship.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm smiling as I'm reading this. I just love this so much. Congratulations.

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shed a tear. Your mom's happiness and love just shines through that letter.
    It got to me when she started about how happy she was her daughter would marry a girl one day and she would shout her happiness and pride from the rooftops!

#4 The Escapist, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  5. Chlo98

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That part really got to me to

6. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, Bellatrix. :thumbsup:

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful response, would that every parent could be this understanding, and loving!

8. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That was a beautiful and awesome response you got from her. I'm so glad it all worked out for you. You're so lucky to have such a loving parent.

#8 Strathclyder, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  9. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love this!!!!!!

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so nice! Glad she was accepting. :slight_smile:

11. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Your mom is awesome and that was a perfect response. So happy to read this! :slight_smile:

12. lovely lesbian

Your mum is awesome! Congrats

13. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your mum is absolutely amazing! Made my day. Congratulations!