1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by rosiejuly3, Jul 16, 2008.

1. rosiejuly3

So I havent had the chance to introduce my self so I thought why not do it while telling my coming out story. So I'm Kaitlyn and my friends call me kat. I am 13 and in 8th grade and most of my friends know my secret.

Ok so it all started with this girl named Nicole. She was always really um touchy with me and at the end of the year she asked me if I would ever date or kiss a girl. I freaked and asked her the same question and she said ya.. She said she would date me and I flipped. Well long story short I ended up coming to terms that I did having feelings for her. So we messed around a little and she started getting more "popular" friends. We almost never talk anymore. So my friend Amanda was there the whole time and I told her every detail. She was so supportive of me. Then last year during a school play I met alot of girls who were bi and I started liking one girl. I ended up becoming friends with another bi girl, Rachel, and she eventually told me that she liked me. At that point I kind of liked her so we went out with a group of my clueless friends. At that point Amanda and this other guy I know knew that I was bi. Well something from the guy was said to one of my friends Sarah about my sexuality and she started freaking out. That morning I had told my friend Hayden that I was bi so Hayden was trying to calm Sarah down. Well we were talking trying to calm her and my other 3 friends heard us. Rachel at that point was crying in the corner bc she didnt want anyone to know about her. Everything got settled down and they were all really cool with it, one even admitting she was bi-curious. I decided that week that I would tell my mom too. So I sat down with her on the couch and she already knew I had some big secret from her. I started by saying that a girl liked me and she went on asking what I thought about that. I just sat there and she asked if I was a lesbain and I said no then she asked if I was bi and when I didnt say anything she just went oh well I love you no matter what. She still asks me how I know I like girls and I always say well how do you know you like guys? I think she is still shocked but its getting better. Every day someone else seems to know and right know if they ask I'm not going to lie. So yep thats my story.

Oh and yes I am glad to say that right now me and Rachel are going out :eusa_danc

2. Wow! thats a lot of people and sort of confusing,
    but congrats and good job! With all of your coming outs!!!(!)

3. Cool Beans

It's really wonderful that that's all going well for you. Congratulations on all that, and on going out with Rachel.

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Sounds cool. It's great that you feel free to explore your feelings and even tell your Mum about it. Just keep doing what feels natural girl! :grin:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It sounds like your Mom will be fine! Congratulations!

6. Trumpetplyer23

Congrats that's extremely awesome!! (!)

7. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's about how my mom responded. *shrug* she should be proud though! you parents should be proud to have you, no matter what you are, especially that you got the courage to admit to her, and especially yourself, that you're bi. :slight_smile:

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. I think your mom is going to be fine. It sounds like that you are enjoying your life. That's great!

9. Leigh

Leigh Guest

Great story! congrats on all your successful coming-outs....and welcome =]

10. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow coming out at 13. It takes a really strong person to do that I don't think I could lol. Congrats on coming out!!! :eusa_clap (!) :eusa_danc

11. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

cool for you!!
    go nc!