1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Belkeseri18, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Belkeseri18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    March 13th, 2014 will be one of the most important days of my life, because that was the day I came out. I had been trying to come out to my mom for like prior three days or so, just waiting on the right moment. Finally, on the 13th I couldn't sleep another night without telling someone. This feeling of fear and apprehension welled up inside me, forcing tears out over the course of the day at random times. At like 2:30 in the morning, I got out of bed and walked toward my mom's bedroom. It felt like it took forever to get to her door even though her room is like 6 feet away from my door. I walked in, tears streaming down my face. Immediately, she knew something was wrong. I say on the side of the bed, put my head on her stomach and just sobbed. This went on for like 10 minutes. Finally, I sat up and took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. I asked her if she loved me, to which she said "of course. Why wouldn't I?". I looked straight into her eyes and just said, "I'm gay". There was an awkward silence for like 2 or 3 minutes, until she said, "how do you know that?. We talked for like 2 hours, me trying to come up with explanations for all of her questions. When it was all finished, we hugged and both went to bed. It was both the best and worst I had ever felt. On one hand, I felt great that I was finally honest enough with myself and someone else to come out. But on the other hand, I felt like I had been through the emotional wringer. I feel very fortunate to have a mother that is so supporting. Sorry this is so long, hope it helps someone.:thumbsup:

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations! It's an incredibly difficult thing to do, but I imagine it must be a truly freeing feeling to have that over with and start being yourself. :slight_smile:

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats man! Great to hear your mother's so supportive. :slight_smile:

4. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He