1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to all my Friends!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kamina, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Kamina

So I'm feeling really good right now!

I just came out to all my friends yesterday at our Graduation retreat and it went really well. I did it really chill by mentioning that I have been on LGBTQ websites and that I was surprised no one had figured out yet (I've been less and less subtle lately). The reactions were priceless. These are the top 4:

"okay yea well sorry (Yelena) but you're kinda flaming." :icon_wink
    "WHAT? NO! YOU NEED TO TELL ME THESE THINGS OR I'LL NEVER GET IT!" :eek:
    "Yea. I just didn't say anything in case you weren't and I offended you." :thumbsup:
    "Okay yea, you seemed a little bendy. Like a straw." :rolle:

:roflmao:

Actually some of them were holding out on me! I knew my one friend was bi, and I suspected another was pan (she was) but about 4 of my other friends came out as demi-sexual, as we were all talking. another as demi/pan, and one as asexual. In total there are 3 straight people who do not identify as a part of the LGBTQ community (those who are demi-sexual/asexual like guys) in my friends. We are probably the queerest group of grade 12's graduating this year. Also one of the straightest girls I know has the best gaydar of us all. How is that fair?

I was also told that apparently I am flaming. People who didn't know were suddenly telling me that "that explains so much...". I hate to break it to them but if they thought I was flaming when I was actively trying to hide that I'm gay, I must be a bonfire of homosexuality when I am out. :lol:

Anyways I'm feeling really good right now and I can't wait to get to school on Monday and not have to worry about what I say or do amongst my friends. (!) :thumbsup: :grin:

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That's cool!! Congratulations!!:slight_smile:
    It feels much better to be out of the closet!!:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2014 at 04:37 PM ----------

Most of the time:slight_smile:
    Good that you have such supporting friends!:grin: