1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Sunday, it's mother's day, and I just had 'the big gay talk' with mum :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TigerInATophat, Mar 30, 2014.

1. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    So it finally happened today. I'd been planning to talk to my mum about my sexuality for a while (wasn't intending to do it on mother's day though!) and today we were spending time together and talking and the conversation sort of wandered in that direction. We had a long talk and she was overall supportive. She did ask me several times if this was 'because of things that have happened making me feel this way' etc but I explained that my attraction to women has been there since I was 6 years old and that I just hadn't realized or accepted it until recently and she seemed to get the point. She talked a lot about her own life experiences and asked me questions about how I would go about meeting a woman if I didn't want to be part of a 'scene' and I told her I didn't have any immediate plans.
    She did say at one point 'Wow. We really are having the talk now aren't we? I was wondering when we were going to have this talk.' :lol: So as I expected she had already suspected. The main statement from her was 'it's okay.'
    All in all it went very well and I am grateful as ever to have a wonderful mum. Wish everyone could have someone as supportive as this in their lives. :slight_smile:

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

:slight_smile: yay for you!! Gratz

3. Straw_berry

I'm glad it went well Nyu~!

4. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I'm glad it went so well! She sounds like a great mom.

Out of curiosity, do people in the UK celebrate mother's day on a different day than we do? :astonished: It's celebrated during May in the US.

5. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

The exact date varies but my understanding is it's held on the fourth Sunday of lent here.

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone